As an electric guitarist in the '80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The latest APX600 features a unique under-saddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
- Top: Spruce
- Back & Sides: Nato
- Binding: Ivory & Black
- Bracing: Non-Scalloped X
- Shape: APX
- Body Length: 19.3125’’ (490mm)
- Total Length: 40.25’’ (1022mm)
- Body Width: 15.125’’ (384mm)
- Body Depth: 3.125’’ – 3.5625’’ (80-90mm)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: Locally Sourced Tonewood
- Scale Length: 25’’ (634mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 23.625’’ (R400mm)
- Nut: Urea
- Nut Width: 1.6875’’ (43mm)
- Pickup: SRT Piezo
- Electronics: SYSTEM65
- Controls: Volume, 3-Band EQ, Tuner, Mid FQ
- Connections: Line Out
- Tuners: Die-Cast (TM29T)
- Soundhole Inlay: ABS & Abalone
- Bridge Saddle: Urea
- Bridge Pins: Black ABS w/White Dot
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: Yamaha S10 (.012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053)
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, 2 x AA Batteries
We ship with USPS, UPS, and Fedex, depending on location and item.
For international shipping please reach out for a quote.