The Starfire I DC electric guitar features the classic Guild tone and responsiveness without sacrificing live playability thanks to a center-block, semi-hollow construction - hollow on both sides with a solid core running through the center. Together with its quality tonewoods, comfortable neck, rock-solid hardtail bridge, and daring modern electronics, the Starfire I DC has all the makings of a professional instrument at a very reasonable price.
Guild vibrato tailpiece
The Guild-branded vibrato tailpiece installed on the Starfire I DC supplies "big" (if you know what we mean) expression and control. From caterwauling rockabilly leads to cascading waves of texture and color, you'll find all the nuance you need in the Starfire I DC's expressive vibrato system.
Split HB-2 humbuckers
With its HB-2 alnico humbuckers, your Guild Starfire I DC can produce a range of classic, multigenerational sounds. These pickups deliver plenty of fullness and sustain, with enough PAF-like warmth to satisfy even the most discriminating tone connoisseur, and push-pull coil splitting for that old-school single-coil sound. A mid-gain amp will provide you with a dynamically rich harmonic breakup. Put the Starfire I DC in front of a high-gain amp for otherworldly sustain that's designed for blues and rock leads. HB-2 humbuckers by Guild are a great update to the classic HB-1s used by the company for the past 60 years. In addition, the Starfire I DC's coil-split circuitry provides sufficient sensitivity and dynamics to satisfy virtually any player.
- A professional instrument at a weekender's price
- Semi-hollow, double-cutaway body construction
- HB-2 humbuckers build on Guild's timeless HB-1s
- Push-pull coil-splitting unlocks single-coil quack and spank
- Guild vibrato tailpiece supplies "big" expression and control
- Standard-sized humbuckers can easily be swapped out for player customization
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Starfire I DC
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Arched Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Pelham Blue
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern Thin U
- Radius: 12.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Composite
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Guild Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Aluminum Guild Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuners: Guild Vintage Open Gear
- Neck Pickup: Guild HB-2 NIckel Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Guild HB-2 Nickel Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switcch
- Strings: D'Addario, .011-.049
Quality tonewoods, comfortable neck, rock-solid hardtail bridge, and daring modern electronics, the Starfire I DC has all the makings of a professional instrument at a reasonable price.
We ship with USPS, UPS, and Fedex, depending on location and item.
For international shipping please reach out for a quote.